Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

When I was young, I always felt proud with my birthday, everyone wouldn't believe if I told them so.
Every year, I can't wait for that day to arrive.
But when I slowly grown up, the feeling of proud started to vanish, and hatred towards it grow stronger !
Don't know when I started to felt like that, maybe after I reach the age of 11 or maybe after I started with my secondary school ?

Life changes, unlike primary, parents and siblings will remember your birthday, there's a happy celebration.
Everyone had grown up, getting busier, had their own plan planned, had their friends to hang out.
Slowly they forgotten about it . . . . . . This kind of situation really makes me, not only me, but other people if it happens on them too (maybe).

The truth is, I never countdown nor watch fireworks with my friends before. Not even once.
But when I got that chance to watch the magnificient fireworks that I heard from rumours, I was alone in a room.
Counting down 10,9,8,7,....,3,2,1 happy new year ! I greeted to myself, and smile to the reflection from the windows while watching fireworks.
Thats how I spent my ever first counting down.

Readers out there, I guess you already had a clue, when is my birthday? Well, is on the 31st December or you can say it as new year eve.
Thats right, special day eh, for me and might well as for everyone. The day of enjoying the last day of the year and also welcoming the first day of the year.

The point of me writing this post was actually being hurt, kinda.
During family dinner just now, my dad asking my other siblings whats their plan tomorrow, and all of them already planned their plan with friends.
Then my dad mention tomorrow will be my birthday, and their reaction was ( Oh ya ! Totally forgot about it ! )
I really don't know are they just joking around and pretending or reality?
I don't care which one is it, but is still hurt badly !

2hours and 17minutes to go till the big day of mine that I've been waiting for so long!
And then, after that, another 24hours till the another year arrive and for me to start waiting.

I guess, I will wish myself early Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Yvvone Yee said...

Aww.. don be too sad honey.. We're here for u.. Cheer up & a very great birthday to u =)

FionaKhoo said...

thx Yvvone, I'm much better now. ;)
Did you enjoy your new year eve?